CBD French Toast Casserole
Morning dosing just got more delicious – check out this CBD French Toast Casserole recipe!
20 ounces sandwich bread, cubed
1 cup pecans, chopped
8 large eggs
2 cups whole milk
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
4 tablespoons butter(Sub CBD Coconut Oil!)
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Grease a 9″x13″ baking dish.
- Cube the bread into small 1-inch cubes, and layer with the pecans in your baking dish.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, real maple syrup, vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread and pecans in the baking dish.
- Cover and chill for a good 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- When you’re ready to bake the casserole, remove it from the fridge, and pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, mix the sliced butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon together in a small mixing bowl.
- Crumble or clump the topping over the entire casserole.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil, and bake at 350°F for about 25 to 30 minutes. Then uncover and bake it for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once it’s thoroughly cooked through, remove it from the oven and let it cool for just a few minutes.
- Then slice and serve with powdered sugar and maple syrup.
- Adventuresofmel.com for full recipe.